Our goals are to provide spiritual counsel, direction, build relationships and promote family interaction. Our primary emphases for 2016 are to awaken the membership to the importance of socialization and healthy family communication and togetherness which is God’s ideals for a Christ -centered existence.
Throughout the year, we provide timely information to the membership about upcoming seminars and retreats that promote the family". We recognize that the "family" comes in all shapes and sizes so we do not focus on just the marrieds-with-children. We include information and material that benefit the singles, the single-parents, the empty-nest family, the divorced, widowed - and all other family units.
HERE'S a GREAT WEBSITE on THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY that OFFERS a wealth of INFORMATION (click here)
Present and On-going:
The Conference-sponsored retreats in 2012 and 2014 were inspirational, exciting, chocked full of ideas and ways to help our church families. Retreat 2016 promises to be bigger and better, which is hard to imagine. As information is gathered, we will pass it on so that everybody can avail themselves of this family gathering and learning experience which enhances and uplifts the spirit. Whether you're a family of one or one hundred, come and fellowship with the family of God. For more inforamtion, call 718 291 8006 - Ext. 248.
1. Here at the Bronx Seventh-Day Adventist Church, plans are in the works to help make the family the unit GOD wants it to be. Seminars on parenting, grandparenting and relationships are on the horizon as is a special interactive presentation on FORGIVENESS. Other family issues will be addressed as well:
- Training for first- time parents
- Divorce, When NOT to and Why.
- Blended Families - The Challenges
- Anger & Conflict Management
- Bad Memories and how to Cope
2. A day dedicated to the re-introduction of our newly baptized members into the church family.
For 2016, we plan to continue with the introductory packets for new mothers, the newly marrieds, and possibly add one for the new "grandparent". We recognize the challenges on becoming teenages and will endeavor to present our youngsters with the tools to make the transition. Working with our Education Dept., we will recognize the families who have graduates being intoduced to a new phase and what to expect in this dynamic. Our Church is blessed with certified and trained individuals who can facilitate this seminar.
3. A Couple's Ministry and also a Men's Ministry for males 15 years and over has begun and the signs are that both ministries are doing a good work and have exciting plans for the year.
One of our priorities is to make certain that we, in the Family Life Department stay in touch with the entire church family throughout the year via telephone calls, missing-you cards and visits especially during their times of difficulties, challenges or adjustments in the family.
Enriching Your Parent-child Relationship (by Susan Baker, Message Magazine)
- Children Need a Sense of Significance
- Children Need Security
- Children Need Acceptance
- Children Need to Love and Be Loved
- Children Need Praise
- Children Need Discipline
- Childfen Need GOD
2016 is quietly moving on, yet you can still make a commitment to have 2016 remembered as a very special year. It is never too late to kick start new habits - so PLAN to: start each day with morning devotion - in the beginning, keep it short and impactful (a song familiar to the children, the day's reading from the children's devotional book, short discussion and prayer). Initially, it may be a little inconvenient to set aside the time, and it may throw off your day's routine, the kids may not be too easily acclimated to the change in their schedules or you may be a bit late for work, but take heart, eventually things will work out and the benefits will be immeasurable. (How do I know? Because God's promises are sure!)